Thursday, January 8, 2009

School

I fear I am going to become extremely neglectful in the blog department the next few months. I have started online classes to finish up my degree. Blogging might take a back seat for a while as now I am mom, wife, and student. I am finding that every single second of my day is used up now, which so far has been challenging but surprisingly rewarding. So far I have felt a little stressed, but at the end of the day I find myself thinking "how did I get all that done today?" When we went to tithing settlement a few weeks ago our bishop told a similar story. In his younger days he was working 12 hour days, going to school full time and had 6 (or was it 7?) kids. He said that looking back on that he has no idea how he managed to get A's on tests and have family home evening every week. His time was very valuable and as he made sure to do those things the Lord wanted him to do, he found that no matter how much he had on his plate, the Lord blessed him with the ability to accomplish those things. I think it's like Nephi says, "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way..." It's not a hard concept to understand, but it's hard to practice because it requires faith. I hope I can have the faith to continue doing the things the Lord wants me to so that I can accomplish everything that I have on my plate.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Way to go you!! Good luck!

Shauna said...

Good Luck Celeste! As you said, it will be challenging at times, but you're young and it's amazing how much more we can do when we're young!! (I remember those days!!) I look forward to reading your posts when you have the time. Hey, maybe you can delegate the blog posting to Jase for awhile!!! :o)
~Aunt Shauna

Jeana & Jonathan said...

Celeste!!!! How have you guys been?Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy with the big move and all. How's Maine? It has been forever since I've seen or talked to you. But you sound like the same old Celeste, always staying busy and getting tons of stuff done. girls are BEAUTIFUL!! We need to get intouch so we can chit-chat and stay in touch. My blog is: jandjwhiteandco.blogspot.com and my e-mail address is jeana.white@yahoo.com. Let me know how you're doing! -Jeana Botkin-White

Sarah said...

You will be able to do it! Keep the faith and know the Lord told us to further our education as well. We miss you guys so much here.