Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just a few things

So today I got the kids all ready for church and we are about to walk out the door when Jason comes in to tell me that the car won't start. The reason it wouldsn't start is because it's like -35 outside. This is curious because it's been that cold for a few days now and it started fine before. I guess this cold air is just what comes with choosing to live in Northern Maine. The cold is supposed to let up by tomorrow, finally. That means I can get out to ski again and yes, use my car.

Yesterday I had a lot on my mind. January 17th was the due date of the baby I miscarried in July. I miscarried at 14 weeks, which is unusual. It was an emotional roller coaster for a while. I came to realize that everything is in the Lords time. We have gone through a lot of changes in the last 6 months. My little kayla is no longer needing me like before. She isn't even in diapers anymore. As much as I wish I hadn't miscarried, I have faith that the Lord knows what I need.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sending you a hug!!

Ashley and Brett said...

Oh Celeste, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that happened. I know how you are feeling, I miscarried a couple of months ago. It's comforting to know the Lord has timing in everything. Take care. hugs.

Amanda Robbins said...

Celeste,
Leanae told me you miscarried a while back. My heart goes out to you. I miscarried last year also I was 20 weeks so it was a shock for us and on our family. I still have a hard time with it, but I have to remember the comforting feeling I recieved that things were the way they should be, My husband I both got the strong feeling to cherish the children we have. It is so hard to lose a baby at any stage. I hope you are doing well. I am so sorry it is also so cold, I don't know how you can stand the cold. Amanda

cAsSy said...

I have no idea the amount of pain a miscarriage brings but I do know Heavenly Father won't give us trials we can't handle. He has faith in us and like you said 'the Lord knows what I need.' I'm sorry for your loss but at least you and your family will see the baby again.

Heidi said...

Blessings rush in... just you wait. You will look back and be amazed at the intricate plan... more than you can ever forsee.

Hang in there sis.

Manny said...

Hey Celeste!! I wish you had come when Jason came.. we missed you!!! I thought alot about you this month, I wasnt sure the exact day your due date was! You are always in my thoughts and I miss you more than you can imagine! It felt like just as we started to get close...you were swept away... but you seem to enjoy Maine and I continue to deal with Willcox!!! We miss you and the girls! Tell the girls that me, Handy Manny, Andreah and the dogs say hi!!!