Saturday, January 3, 2009

Grow and Change

I have recently taken up cross country skiing. I enjoy it so much. It has made me actually like that snow and at least tolerate the cold. I have a group of friends I go with. We enjoy going together and learning together. Today I took Mckenna for her first time. She did such a great job. I was absolutely surprised by her. When we first moved here I had told people that Mckenna doesn't really like the cold or the snow. This has been true since forever. The first chance I gave her to go out and play in the snow--she wouldn't hardly come back in. I was very apprehensive about taking her skiing with me. I had told my friends that I didn't know if she could do it. She really surprised me when she did so well with it and didn't cry about it being very cold. I think I know her and what she will like, but as she grows she changes --as we all do. Change is inevitable, but that doesn't meant I'm ready for it.

The other day a friend told me that all the food you don't think you like now you should try when you turn 30 or 40. . . because we all change.

1 comment:

Rowley's said...

How fun! Although I have to admit I really don't like the cold, so I don't know that I would have the guts to try it! Speaking of cold, Logan is FREAKING cold. The other day -2 was the HIGH!!! What am I going to do? Anyway, I watching the clips of your girls singing...SO adorable. I need to do better at that because it is so fun to have those clips. Well, I hope you're doing well. Miss you and Love ya!