Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have to say that Thanksgiving feels much different here than it did in Arizona. Maybe it's the difference in weather--having snow on the ground and the cold air, or maybe it's that we had not just turkey, but moose too (which is really good if you ever get the chance). We had a lot of fun (except that Jason had to work and we missed him terribly). We were invited to spend Thanksgiving with some other loners--meaning they have no family around either. There are about 5 other families in our situation up here so we all got together and gave thanks. I wish that I could have been with my family, but we still enjoyed it.
Here are the cutest in the world--ready to play and eat!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that you had others to share Thanksgiving with. Your girls are adorable! Are you coming for Christmas by any slight chance?

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Hey babe! Your lil girls are to die for! I'm glad that you had a great thanksgiving but I still wish you were here in good ol Highland! Call me next time you're in town I'd love to see ya!

Heidi said...

Tulip, I cant believe how much Kenna has grown. I miss the little pip squeak! literally! Seriously Kayla is so big too.Kayla looks so cute especially the boots and sweater... wink wink. I am so glad they got put to good use!

Jordan said...

Oh, I love their cute warm clothes! We sure miss you guys over here in AZ. Glad you had a good time.

cAsSy said...

Gorgeous girls! This is your hubby (and your) cousin Cassy. I found you on Kristin's blog. I love that our whole family is blogging now!

Ruth Ann said...

It is hard not to be with family for the holidays, but it is neat the relationships you can develop with the other "loners". We have some really great friends that became our family when we lived in PA. I hope that you guys enjoy that aspect of being so far away. We used to have a family from our ward over for dinner every Sunday since we didn't have family to get together with. We also got ice storms that covered the entire landscape with a solid thick sheet of ice. Not really fun when it's you...but sometimes funny when you are watching other people try to get out of their car, etc. I have this picture engrained in my mind of my dad...like Bambi on the ice!!!