Friday, November 23, 2007

Fallen

In Arizona fall seems to only last for a week. By the time all the leaves have fallen it is past Thanksgiving and onto Christmas. This week finally has felt like fall. The leaves are really falling off and the temperatures finally dropped. Thanksgiving was yesterday and it was so much fun but I'm glad it's over. We had friends over and I was in charge of doing the turkey for the first time. It wasn't hard. After I got it in the oven I found myself saying, "is that all?" I thought I became a mom when I had kids, but I think you aren't a real mom until you host thanksgiving dinner haha. A lot of stress, but it all came together. The most important thing anyhow is to be thankful for what we have and to never take it for granted. I have really come to understand the meaning of counting your blessings. Since we married almost fours years ago, we have been blessed with so much, much more than most young married couples. When we moved here I never thought we would stay here. In my realm of thinking it isn't the place to raise a family. As we have pushed through we have met many others in our situation and it's interesting to see what they do with what they are handed. I'm thankful that we have stayed here and made it a good home, and that the Lord helped us to see that this is where we need to be. Maybe we won't be here forever, but what a great start to the rest of our lives!

No comments: