Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rainy Summer Days

Well down here in AZ we get a lot of rain during the months of July and Aug. Last night I had just put Kayla down and a big thunder and lightning storm hit. The rain was coming down really hard--not unusual. What was unusual was the big lightning strike that was practically in our backyard. The thunder following that was deafening. It scared Kenna really bad and woke up Kayla. I got Kayla up and the two girls sat on my lap while the rain continued to pound down. I watched something on TV and the two girls were asleep within a few minutes.. then the power went out. It was pitchblack. The girls were asleep so it didn't even phase them. I didn't want to wake them up and have them be freakin out, so I sat there in the blackness for about 1/2 hour until the power came back on. It was was a little bit scary. All Mckenna has talked about today is "the flummer was really loud!" It's hard to keep a straight face.

Mckenna came running out of the bathroom today to tell me she went poop in the potty. That's great! Jason and I told her good job! Then she looked at Jason and got really serious and said, "I sorry daddy," Surprised, Jason said "Why are you sorry?" Plugging her little nose she said, "I made it tinky in the bathroom."

Everyone tells me if you don't write down little things like this, you forget them. Even though you think you won't forget, you do.

No comments: