Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reflection--Character Traits

I do quite a bit of self reflection but fail to write my thoughts. Maybe I should create a blog specifically for reflection. Anyhow, at church today one talk was about latter day prophets, specifically about character traits that have defined some of them. It got me thinking about my own traits or maybe my lack thereof. For the brief minute that the girls were coloring and Halle laid motionless in my arms I considered this question: What specific character traits do many people recognize in me? This is obviously a rhetorical question so please don't answer that, but think about it. When you die, is there one specific character trait that most people would recognize in you? Are you full of gratitude? Are you constantly serving others? Are you charitable? Do you have an ability to make others feel at ease? Do you see everything in a positive light? The list could go on and on. The truth is that we have all been given specific character traits and gifts. So perhaps the question I should also ask myself is am I developing the gifts or character traits I've been given?

No comments: